EasyLiving Home® Features
An EasyLiving Home® delivers more for your dollar – convenience for today, peace of mind for tomorrow. This is accomplished with three simple but critical features.
A step-free entrance into the central living area of the home from a driveway, sidewalk or firm route into the main floor.
- Convenient, safe entry even when your arms are full of shopping bags or small children
- No threshold trip hazard
- Easy transport of luggage carriers, strollers and other cumbersome objects
- Easy entry for family and friends who rely on mobility aids
2. Easy Passage
The exterior door that provides the step-free entrance and all interior doorways provide easy passage, with a 2’10” or 3’0” door or other solution that allows a minimum of 32” clear passage.
- Pass freely around the main floor even when carrying bulky items such as laundry baskets
- No more wrestling large furniture through narrow doorways or logjams when entertaining
- Complete access to all the necessary living spaces on the main floor means independence for family members unable to fit through narrow spaces or climb stairs
A bedroom, kitchen, entertainment area and a full bathroom with designated maneuvering space of 30” x 48” rectangle in front of the sink, commode and tub or shower, all located on the main floor accessible via the step-free entrance.
- Fewer trips up and down the stairs since the rooms you spend most of your time in are all on one level
- Relatives or friends with mobility limitations are more comfortable visiting on holidays because they aren’t excluded from the group
- A self-contained main floor with accessible bathroom makes it possible for people who develop serious medical conditions to remain at home and retain their independence